Friday, May 23, 2008

Mission Painting Stripes Complete

Ok, so painting the stripes was not horrible, but taping the lines was a true nightmare. The first line I taped ended up being three-quarters of an inch off by the time I got all the way around the room. I checked it with a level as I put the tape up. It took me forever to tape it too. So, I pulled it all down because it needed to be within one-quarter of an inch to meet my approval. My dad had to help me with the first line and then the rest was easy from there. I am very pleased with how the stripes turned out!! I put baby boy's bedding on to see how it would look.


Next up: my good friend Stacy has a very talented mom who is going to script something on the wall for me. From there, we'll paint a moon and some stars, add curtains, hang the two wall hangings David found and add some final touches. Should be ready to go in a matter of weeks! This weekend we are going to look for a bed and dresser for the boy. The dresser will go in the nursery and Addison will sleep in the bed until he can. Her crib will then go into the nursery. Lots of mismatch going on!!!

4 comments:

Sara said...

You are so brave to attempt stripes! They turned out great. I can't wait to see the finished room.
~blueladybug

Liz and Garth said...

Your blog is adorable! I love the heading at the top. Too cute! The nursery is coming along well, and now you have some diapers to put in it! It was great seeing you and Addison today!

Lindsi B said...

wow! I attempted the stripe-thing and if you see photos of our nursery my botch job is disguised by a white chair rail =)
beautiful job mama!

Harris Boys said...

It looks GREAT!! We thought about stripes too :) Can't wait to see more of the nursery!!