Thursday, May 15, 2008

Operation: Application Turned In!

The deadline for the online application was today! Mine is turned in and now all I can do it wait. The online nursing program starts in the fall. Getting in will be a long shot though. They are only taking 10 applicants for RN. One of the secretaries said they had far more applicants than anticipated. I won't hold my breath!

I will apply for the night and weekend RN program that has a January 09 start though. That is the program I prefer anyway. I thought I blew my pre-nursing entrance exam. I wanted an 90+ on the Reading comprehension and came up short at an 85. Three answers I knew I had wrong after I had answered them, but the test is set up in a way that you can't go back and re-visit questions or change answers. The good news is, since I have perfect scores in two of the three criteria, this exam didn't do as much damage as I thought. On a scale of 12 points, I will bring a score of 11.4. I asked what the lowest score taken last year was and it was an 11.2. So, I put my fate in the hands of the other applicants. Remember, there are only 30 slots for over 300 applicants. There's nothing more I can do for this deadline, so I just have to hope for the best!!! If I don't get in, then I'll have to retake the Reading comprehension and apply for the Jan. 2010 program. Of course I got a 90 on the Math and 96 on the grammar, but those don't count.

No comments: