Sunday, April 27, 2008

We Live in THIS World??

We took Addison and Ziggy to a new park with a dog run. Thought it would be fun for both. Ziggy enjoyed the dog run, but I think he was more excited about the people in the dog run than the dogs!

Addison playing in the water and Ziggy socializing with a labradoodle.


Addison needed a diaper change, so I took her to the women's restroom. It was not equipped with a changing table and I had to change her on this cart that was in there. I finish the diaper change and Addison goes to look under a stall and I tell her no. I look for the trash can to throw away the diaper. It's in the other corner, maybe eight steps away. Addison is on the other side of the restroom. There is a line of women (about five) waiting to use the restroom. After I throw away the diaper, I turn around and my child is nowhere to be seen. I say, "Addison," thinking maybe she went under a stall. In the next panic stricken moment, I say looking at all the people standing there, "Where is she?" They all just look at me. I bolt out the door and see my dear child running across the lawn and back to the dog run. I run after her and scoop her up. On the way back to the restroom, a lady makes a comment about her running out and how I only had my back turned for a second. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? This lady watched the whole thing and didn't say anything to me or try and stop my child? No one in that restroom line saw this and thought to say, "Hey your kid just left?" I was right there and people were all standing within feet of me. It was a small restroom and no one noticed? I doubt it. It is a SAD SAD world that we live in where people can see a child run from the watchful eye of their parent and not say ANYTHING! I'm most certainly not a neglectful parent and I literally just threw the diaper away. There's no way she could have opened that door by herself so someone just watched as a two year old leaves without an adult? The trashcan was RIGHT next to the door! That's maddening. I was totally baffled by the whole scenario.