Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cruel!

Last week as I am driving in my car to the college, I hear that GEORGE MICHAEL is coming in concert! GEORGE MICHAEL! Yes, that's right, I'm a fan! They say on the radio that he hasn't toured in North American in 17 years! It's a must go see concert. One slight problem...it's in mid-July. Potential delivery time. Just a slight problem in my opinion. I immediately call David. No answer. What? This is important. It takes several calls to get him to answer, but he answers and I excitedly tell him the news!!! His reply is no way. No way are we getting tickets because it's too close to when the babies are going to be born. SHATTERED! Are you kidding me? The wind is taken right out of my sails. I try to make a case saying that if I indeed did go into labor, there would be medical personnel on hand AND I would be closer to the hospital than had I been at home. He's not budging. Well, I say we could get the tix and if we couldn't go then we could just give them away. NOPE. Why must some people be REASONABLE? I do try to convince him over several days, but he just won't cave. I usually get my way, what's the problem? UGH!

The other night I am downstairs and suddenly I hear George Michael on the upstairs computer. David is downloading and listening to George Michael. What? Is this a cruel joke? I try again to get him to buy tickets since he is obviously listening to the music. No, no tickets. Sorry. Maybe next time. There won't be a next time, I'm sure. Thanks!

Today, I am scrapbooking and George Michael comes on AGAIN. I walk over to David and ask, "Since when do you listen to George Michael?" His reply, "Since he has been on Eli Stone." How cruel can he be? UGH! So, on behalf of all the George Michael fans out there (probably mostly closet fans) here is a video!


No comments: