Thursday, February 28, 2008

We Have BOY GIRL Twins!!!!

Today we went for our level II ultrasound. The technician was very nice, but had some problems deciding who was baby A and who was baby B. She decided baby a was baby b and vice versa. Once she decided, she was on her way with measurements. She asked me if I wanted to find out genders and I said yes, but that I would like to wait until David was with me. She had a hard time getting all the measurements she needed and couldn't get any structures of baby B's face. Baby A was all curled up and baby B was stretched out, but face down. When she finished, she called in the doctor. When the doctor came in, she established the babies were the other way around, baby B was indeed A and baby A was indeed baby B. Very confusing! I was there awhile. They were happy with what they saw as far as development, but since I was only 17 weeks, they were unable to get the vessels going into the heart. They would also like to get the structural measurements of Baby B's face. In six weeks, they will repeat the ultrasound once the babies are a little bit bigger.

I mentioned to the tech when she asked about gender that we were hoping for a boy and a girl. I said we had a two year old girl at home and if it was two more girls, she would have to scrap us from the ceiling! So, of course she showed us baby A first, and she was a girl. We both gasped and said, "Oh no, it's two girls!" But, as soon as she put baby B's parts on the screen I could immediately see he was a boy! David and I are thrilled Addison will have a sister and brother, and we will have a son and two daughters. It was a very exciting moment!

Sweet Baby Girl showing us her face! She weighed 6.5 ounces.
Baby girl's name is going to be Landry with a pending middle name of Elise.

Baby A (girl) in breech position and Baby B (boy) in vertex position.

Baby Boy showing us his goods! He weighed 6 ounces.Baby boy's name is pending at Landon with no middle name yet. I like Landon Reid though.



After the ultrasound, we went up for my appointment with Dr. Anding. Everything is going well. My blood pressure was 122/over 60 something. My blood pressure never goes into the 120's, so I hope this is not a sign of things to come. My blood work from the last visit came back normal. I did get in trouble for not exercising though. I gained what he wanted me to gain, but since he knows I am normally so active, he probably is not happy I turned into a lazy pregnant lady! I vowed to walk the dog more. My next appt. is at 21 weeks on March 28th and another ultrasound at 23 weeks on April 9th.

No comments: