Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lions, Tigers, and Bears, Oh My!


This morning we went to the the Houston zoo. We have our annual pass, so we do frequent there for a few hours here and there. When our neighbor asked us if we saw the giraffe, I said no. The bear, no. The tiger, no. Ok, so we didn't really see any of the standard zoo animals this time. I guess we hit the bird side and the children's zoo! Addison really liked to look at the flamingos this time. I've lived in Florida, they don't impress me much. In fact, I think they're kind of ugly. I guess they're fascinating because of their unique pink color and the fact that they stand on one foot. Whatever. Ugly bird. That's why they make those ugly lawn ornaments out of them. Do some people really put a plastic flamingo in their lawn thinking it looks good? Probably so. My apologies if you have one. After you've lived in Florida, seagulls and flamingos aren't impressive. Right Kelly and Karen? Miss you girls!

Finally over her fear of the goats. Now she thinks she can brush Ziggy like this. I wish!David and his mini-me. One of the twins will look like me right? If not, we may have to try for four kids. Some people try for a boy, or a girl; I try for a version of myself. I just want one!At least she thinks like me. I would have chosen the cheetah as well. She does have my stubborn streak. So, though she might look like me, I know that girl is mine. My friend Cathy says it's not stubborness, it's persistence. Thanks, Cathy, I like that spin on it! Ok, so it's not one of my better qualities, but it does come in handy when trying to get a tough job done, like trying to get into nursing school or doing an ironman. I will do another one some day....so I'll need that persistence I'm my back pocket!And there you have it. A day at the zoo. Then I went to one of my students audit classes at the college and the park. By the end of the day, I had some Braxton Hicks contractions. It's my fault. Too much time on my feet + not enough water = not a good thing. Lesson learned!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Congratulations!!! I did not know that you were expecting twins. I bet they will both look like You. Love your blog.
Did I see a keeshond in the slideshow?
Addison is precious!!!