Monday, July 7, 2008

Flexible

So in the short time I have been the mother of premies, I have learned one very important lesson: You have to be flexible. Every hour is something different. The neonatologist came by to tell me he counseled with his collegues and has decided Landon can not go home. Landon's borderline bilirubin combined with his poor feeding skills is equation for disaster if he is sent home. Landon has been taken to be put under bilirubin lights for 24 hours. He might be able to go home tomorrow. The OT came by for his eval, and wouldn't you know it, the boy didn't have a single feed issue. I think the lady thought I was crazy. She kept saying how great he was doing for a 35 weeker. I am grateful we seem to have turned the corner in his feeding!!! Hopefully he will keep up the good work!

Landry and I are still hanging out waiting for her echocardiogram to be completed. She still should be able to come home with us tonight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls and I are very excited for you! We have been oohing and aawing over the pics. Can't wait to see those babies. Take care.
Shelly and the girls.

CJ said...

Awesome!! Congrats!! You are so blessed!!

Liz and Garth said...

Oh my gosh! I had no idea the twins were here until just now when I checked your blog. I am so happy for you both. I will be praying for a clean bill of health for both of them. Please let me know if you guys need anything at all. Food, babysitting Addie, more books..yeah right! Ha! Congrats!!!