Monday, June 30, 2008

34 weeks 4 days


These babies are still cooking!!! Home bedrest is going well. In the last couple of days though, I have had increased contractions. I mentioned this to my doctor at my appt. today and he increased my terbutaline dose. He said I can stop taking it at 36 weeks. Halleluiah!! I hope my body can make it till then because he said there's a good chance the babies can come home with us if I can make it that far. I'm not sleeping great and I'm a bit uncomfortable. Last week at the ultrasound, they estimated that baby girl is 4 lbs 14 oz and baby boy is 4 lbs 13 oz. Both babies are presenting head down. Yippie!! I measured 39.5 weeks last week, but he didn't tell me what I measured today. I did lose seven pounds this past week, but that was all the fluid weight they pumped into me while in the hosptial. So, weight gain is holding steady around 40 lbs. Not bad.

David has done an excellent job maintaining the household. I sorta feel bad that he has to get up every morning with Addison, but I quickly get over it when I think that I'll be the one getting up with the twins throughout the night. Addison doesn't always get why I am just lying around and not playing with her, and quite frequently I am dodging the toys that she is throwing at me in frustration. Poor Addie. Poor me!Here is Addie taking her babies to the store. Not sure where the babies were while the picture was being snapped, but she did have twins that she was caring for.

Thanks to my friends who have taken care of Addison and/or provided us with food in the last week. I don't know what I would do without you guys!!! Thanks to Liz for the books!!! I have finished "Certain Girls" and am now on "Sail." That one is a quick read!! Good stuff. I hope to make it through all three books before the babies are born. After that, there will be no reading time, for sure!!!

2 comments:

Adriane said...

Wow - Almost 35 weeks!! I hope you can make 36, too. That is what I am shooting for as well, though I'd love to be 34 right now. :-) Hope the bedrest gets better - dodging toys sounds dangerous, but fun!

CJ said...

That's awesome!! Keep going!!!