Thursday, June 12, 2008

32 weeks

All is well in the land of babies. I had my non-stress today and did not have a single contraction. The babies heartrates were excellent. My blood pressure was 138/90 when I first got to the office, but after 15 minutes was down to 122/70. Still something my doctor wants to watch of course. Weight gain is about 42 pounds. I am measuring 38.5 weeks.

32 weeks with Addison on left/twins on right

I imagine this will be the second to last belly picture. I am certain these babies will go to at least 36 weeks. No stretch marks yet, but I doubt I can escape them here in the last four to six weeks. I am interested to see how much these babies weigh. I won't find out until my next ultrasound on June 23rd.



How my singleton and twin pregnancy have differed: with Addison I just stopped running at 31 weeks. Up to that point, I was running 15-20 miles a week. I switched to walking for a couple of weeks. With this pregnancy, water aerobics is all I want to do and feel like I can do! Water has always been a true friend to me! Things that have happened in the last week include: vomiting(for the first time in either of my pregnancies), pitting edema, lots of contractions of some sort, carpal tunnel in my right hand and lots of hand numbness.

Until next week...

3 comments:

nbjenni said...

WOW you look great for 32 weeks!

Liz and Garth said...

Susan,

You look great! I am sorry that you are getting sick, have swelling, and random numbness. Just one of the joys of being pregnant with twins I guess! But, if I can look half as good as you do with twins at 32 weeks, even if I only have one baby, I will be doing well! BTW, I am finished with "Certain Girls" if you want it. :-)

CJ said...

HI!! I found your blog through, "We're Having Twins???". OMG! 15-20 miles a week while pregnant? All I can say is wow~! I am scared to walk to far with my pregnancy. OMG!! Well you look good! and i hope to look as good as u at 32 weeks!!