Friday, September 19, 2008

Life has been Crazy Busy

In the last month I have started nursing school, been to the twins two month well-baby and have had to deal with hurricane IKE!

Nursing school is great so far, if I could actually do it. Luckily it's a self-paced class so I have three years to complete a two year program. And, it's online. I am taking a Pharmacology class as well and this is eating up all my time. So much so, that I feel like my time is taken away from the babies and I really resent that. This week alone, we had six chapters to read, six individual assignments, six group assignments, six discussions and six tests. The bad part is each assignment is multiple questions. So, the six group assignments is 15 assignments and the each have to be 100 to 300 words. The individual assignments turns out to be like 12 questions. It takes me hours each night to work on it. I don't even know if I will finish all the assignments this week. It's crazy and it takes so much time away from the babies. I might as well be writing a 2,000 word paper every week because that is what it is equivalent to.

We had the twins two month well baby last week and I am happy to report that both babies are on the charts!!! Landry weighed 10 lbs. 9 ozs. and Landon weighed 9 lbs. 9ozs. Landry is in the 60th percentile for weight, 25th for height and 10th percentile for head circumferance. Landon is in the 5th percentile for weight, 5th for height and 3rd percentile for head circumference. Addison's head was in the 5th percentile at two months too so I guess I just make babies with small heads! The best news of the appointment was that the doctor could not hear the swishing in Landry's heart sounds which indicates she has a hole. He felt like either the hole is closed or closing. We go on Monday to the pediatric cardiologist for her check up. I hope the doctor can confirm the pediatrican's suspection. That would be great for our little Landry.

Hurricane IKE hit. We only lost a tree. Luckily it came down away from the house and slowly enough that it did minimum damage to the fence. We have to replace two slats. We were very lucky. We had to leave the house due to lack of power. We have been at David's friend's house this week and will leave Sunday for Landry's appointment. They don't project that our area will have power until Thursday. I'll have to hit up one of my friends for the use of their home or something! This was by far the scariest hurricane I have ever been in and I've been in a few! It took down hundreds of trees in my area. The winds were very loud and strong. Luckily it was the middle of the night when it came through so I didn't see the tree when it was being blown towards our house. That would have really freaked me out.

I start my clinicals next weekend. I am very excited. My preceptor's name is Amy. We will be in the critical care unit. Amy has been a nurse for two years and loves it. She works every other weekend so for the next semester I will go in for 12 hours on Saturday and Sunday. David will have a LONG weekend with the twins and Addison. He will have his hands full for sure!!

No comments: